Wednesday, September 8, 2010

BYS - UV Nail Polish Collection - Part I

When Director Dave offered to send me BYS' UV Nail Polish Collection I happily agreed because, well, you guys know I heart BYS big time.  But I did wonder to myself 'what the heck is UV nail polish and how does it work'.

I asked two people smarter than myself, Kaz and Nixxy, who informed me that these lacquers work like normal lacquers in regular light, but come alive under UV lights.  So perfect for nightclubs, surgeries, morgues etc.  Nifty, huh?  I happen to have a UV light box (which I use to cure gels) so I put these lacquers through their paces.

Part I is under the jump. Each photo has the usual large view, closeup, swatch picture as well as a photo of how the colour looks under UV.

I don't want to over sell this collection but I feel it only fair to warn you that these lacquers will - guaranteed - make you want to go to nightclubs and rump shake it.





Point Blank





Blue Bolt







Frightening Lightening

I hope your retinas survived the colour assault. You can see how dark my hands look and, yet, the nails are uber bright.  And these weren't even directly under the UV light but just next to it.  Directly under the UV (sorry, it was near impossible to get a good photo directly under due to the shape of my UV lamp) they are phenomenal.

Stay tuned for Part II! My favourites are coming up! There will be even more exclamation marks!! Promise!!! Part II is now up!

The lacquers featured in this review were provided by Dashing Director Dave. For more information on YGN's Disclosure Policy, click here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails