Sunday, August 8, 2010

Naily News #41



Kellie Gonzo totally nails China Glaze's Branding Iron.

Kae's Konadicure (that has a ring to it, doesn't it) is AMAZING.

Ginger's nails....sigh


Diva of Geneva, why am I just finding out about you?

Flinty proves you don't have to spend alot of money to rock a good manicure.

The Daily Polish finds a blue with cattitude.

Not nail related but Aurora has teh kittays.

Nubar Iced Licorice elicits a response in my heart that is not unlike angina. I mean that in a totes good way.

If you have a nail post to share, paste a link in the comments!

Otherwise, read on to find out all about Chuffy's 5th Birthday and why Boo is the King of Awesomesauce!




We had Chuffy's Birthday Party last Saturday. Rather than host it at our house, Chuffy decided to have a pool party at the local swimming pool. Which suited me because it meant no cooking, no set up, no cleaning.  Sign me up for that kind of party!

Let me tell you, despite the promise of having to do nothing, I was totally wrecked by the end of the party.  I was racing around taking photos, breaking up fights, consoling crying kids and getting splashed by Boo and Chuff.


It really was great fun.  Our local pool has a water slide so the kids fanged down that for a while.  They then had relay races before playing on a bouncy water castle obstacle course.  I'm pretty sure all the kids were in bed by 6pm that evening, because the facilitators totally wore them out.



I also wanted to share with you my little Boo's progress.  For those of you new to YGN, my younger son, Boo, has a mild form of autism. He was diagnosed last September and has been in intensive therapy ever since.

I'm pleased to say that my Boo is freaking awesome and is quickly catching up to his peers.  In his speech, he is only about six months behind in expressive (talking) and around 12 months in receptive (understanding and comprehending).  His cognitive skills are off the chain and he can do puzzles that kids twice his age can't master.

But the biggest difference is just..... him.  It's like we've popped the bubble that was around him.  Maybe we've gained access to his world, or he has decided to join ours. Either way, he's now interacting with us in a truly meaningful way.  And his therapists believe he will be able to attend 'normal' school (with a teacher's aide for part of the time). 

Oh, and there is a girl at kinder who thinks he's a prince.  Brett was dropping him off and this little girl said to her mum, 'Mum, that's the prince I'm going to marry'.  'Who is that?' asked her mum.  'Malachy! Malachy is the prince I'm going to marry' she yelled.  So apparently he is a prince to a young lady at creche. The Prince of Portly.

I hope you all have a great week everyone! I have a crazy schedule at work but I'll still be here everyday bringing you the latest, greatest and sometimes lamest manicures around!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails