Wednesday, June 23, 2010

City Girl 2000 - #34 + World Cup Manicure for our Socceroos

Today I have another City Girl 2000 for you.

#34 is a sheer gold which went on a whole lot easier than it's #19 cousin. 



The above is three coats.  I suspect if I had added a couple more I just might have gotten it to opaque.  All up a total winner, albeit I suspect it's a tad too warm for my colouring.

Now for my Socceroos manicure....

As you all know, I'm from Australia.  More than that, I'm from Melbourne where soccer's popularity  is... well, let's just say it's somewhere behind Australian Rules Football but more popular than a root canal.  I'm sure that, if we were any good at soccer, like, say Brazil, it would be a whole lot more popular.

But even I, a staunch Collingwood Magpie fan, am getting a little exciting about Australia's upcoming match against Ghana.  So I teamed up this lacquer with yesterday's China Glaze Kiwi Cool-Ada and the results are.... well check it out after the jump.







I think this works beautifully, primarily because it's not a traditional flat green and flat gold combination. Nifty.  I can support the Socceroos BUT still look somewhat fashionable at the same time.

In summary, although I'm really not that into soccer, I'm patriotic, annd now manicured to the nines, enough to say 'Yeah, go Socceroos!!!'

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails