Tuesday, June 22, 2010

China Glaze - Kiwi Cool-Ada

When I first opened this package, kindly sent by the good ladies at China Glaze, my first reaction was... errrrr.... okkkkkkk.

I'll be honest when I say I thought this could be one of the ugliest colours ever.  Thankfully, the little ugly duckling in the bottle turns into a swan on the nail.  It's fabulous.



Now, this is a neon so the rules of neon apply here: you're going to need at least three coats to get to opaque AND this dries to a semi-matte finish (think BYS Matte Deep Purple and that's the finish).  I ended up putting a coat of Seche Vite over this just because it looked 'unfinished' without it.

Despite my initial misgivings, and I truly think this does look unattractive in the bottle, on the nail it's an oustanding neon.  Kudos to China Glaze for taking a risk, and banking on their clever fans trusting their judgement, with this lacquer.

A risk well worth taking, don't you think?






The lacquer featured in this review was provided by China Glaze. For more information on YGN's Disclosure Policy, please click here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails