Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Barbara Daly - Velvet + Nubar Dupe

Barbara Daly Lacquers.  It sounds like something a granny would wear. 

If the granny you're talking about is one of those rocking ones dancing on the tables of a Honky Tonk Bar at 3 in the morning, that is.

 Diffused Light

This came in a care package from my darling mother in law, who apparently not only produced a beautiful son for me to marry, but who also has exquisite taste in nail polish.

This is a beautiful deep red with swathes of gold through it.  And it is one coat.  Yes, the above swatch is a stonkingly good one coat.  I am so seriously impressed with this lacquer.  Not only is it a gorgeous colour but the one coater makes it a sub 5 minute manicure from start to finish.

As I was cropping the photo, I thought that the gloss version of Nubar's Avant Garde (from the Modern Matte Collection) might be a potential dupe for this.  I didn't have time to go back and re-do the swatch so I've lined up the two swatches side by side.


Not quite, but pretty close.  Avant Garde is more red, whilst Velvet has a stronger rust undertone. But I suspect that, from afar, you wouldn't really be able to tell the difference.

So, my English ladies, have you tried Barbara Daly lacquers and what did you think of them.  It was the one coat application that got me.  No streaks.  No dragging.  It just glided on perfectly. I'm interested in your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails