Monday, April 12, 2010

Boots No.7 - Colour Miracle in Miracle Plum


 Diffused Light, without Top Coat

I have some weird alchemy for you today, in the form of Boots No.7's Colour Miracle.

According to the PR on the Boots site, 
By day, the light, pretty shades are demure enough for the office. At night, paint on a quick coat of clear varnish and it transforms into a spectacularly deep, glossy shade.
So I can be a nun by day and a slapper by night.  Sounds good so far.

The without top coat colour, which you can see above, is a lovely burgundy inspired plum, with hints of rust throughout.  This is a genuine 'one coat and it is opaque' style of colour (although I did two because I mucked up the first coat). I feel a little like Joan Collins in her seminal Alexis Colby role wearing this.  And I mean that as a good thing.

But did the top coat change the colour?  Would I become the slapper I was so hoping to be?  Check out the results after the jump!


 
 With topcoat

As you can see, it works!  Almost immediately after applying a coat of Seche Vite, this transformed into a deep, royal purple.  I think I like this colour almost as much as the without topcoat version.

What do you guys think?  Do you like the idea of this type of lacquer?  I don't know how you English girls can restrain yourselves in Boots. I'd be a hot mess of squealing, gushing and dribbling. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails