Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Mecca Cosmetica - Autumn 2010

Now, I should mention that Mecca Cosmetica aren't calling this their Autumn 2010 Collection.  That's just what I'm calling these new lacquers.  Because it's sexy that way.

I've put all the swatches under the jump because the photos are large and take a while to load.

The colours in this collection are gorgeous.  These are three of the most fabulous lacquers I own.  They are beautiful and elegant cremes, not to mention the fact that the orange and pink remind me of Darrell Lea Licorice Allsorts, which are my favourite sweeties.

But the formula - and it pains me to say this because I LOVE Mecca lacquers - is dire.  On the plus side, these are opaque in one coat.  On the downside, the formula is very thick, gluggy and has a weird magnet-like attraction to cuticles.  The grey was ok, but the orange and pink were particularly difficult.  Not insurmountable, but annoying and very unusual for Mecca.

Application pain aside, this is a lovely collection.  Check them out after the jump!



Perdita
A grey creme with tinges of brown, if that makes sense.  At first I thought this might be a dupe for Mecca Cosmetica's Francisca.  It's not.  Francisca has a gold shimmer and is alot darker.  This is a pure creme with not a hint of shimmer.  This colour is extraordinary and one that I will be wearing alot of this winter.

Emilia
Emilia could be the bestest orange in the world.  It's beautiful and pastel-y and totally suits my skin tone.

Violenta
This is my favourite of the collection, and it's not hard to see why.  An exquisite dusky pink creme.  This was an absolute pain in the a** to apply, but the payoff is worth the pain.

So ladies, what do you think?  Do you have a favourite of the three?  Or are you unimpressed?  Let me know in the comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails