Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Nubar - Modern Matte Collection - Part II

So here is Part II of the Nubar Modern Matte Collection. If you've missed Part I, just click here.

This time, there are no wrecks. Just beautiful matte deliciousness.

Just a quick word on the application for these. You need to work quickly. They dry super fast, which gives you pretty much one stroke to get the application right. Go over the same spot twice and you'll get drag marks and a lumpy finish (check out my index finger in the first photo and you'll see what I mean).  If you wait until the first coat dries, you can minimise the damage with a second coat but, as you'll see, it never quite goes away.

However, once you master the application, these are lovely.  Seriously, I don't think I've come across a better matte formula (although I admittedly haven't tried the Zoya mattes as yet, which are supposed to be glorious).

Enjoy the second part of this collection and be sure to let me know what you think in the comments (Scroll down and click 'Read More').


Vital

 Vital (with gloss)

 Avant Garde (my absolutely favourite) 

Avant Garde (with gloss)

Aren't these two colours just amazing?!  Vital is a cool and vampy colour whilst Avant Garde is utterly unique and born to be matte.

My love of all things matte is just going to get even worse after trying these!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails