Friday, December 11, 2009

Chi Chi - Boom Boom Boom


Boom Boom Boom is not so much a neon purple as much as it is a dusty pink. 

As much as I tried to get this to bottle colour (the swatch here is four coats), it never quite happened.  I suspect I would need at least 7-8 coats to get to bottle colour and, really, who has the time or the inclination to do 8 coats of lacquer. 

Longevity on this lacquer was particularly poor, unfortunately.  Within an hour of finishing the manicure, I had a massive chip on my index finger. 

The rest had completed chipped within four hours, leaving me with ghetto-like nails at work.  So not happy with that!

In short, this colour is not like its bottle, too sheer, and chips easily.  I think this one will definitely go into the rubbish / recycle bin, which is a real shame because I really thought this one had huge potential.  You don't often see neon purples and I was hoping this would be fabulous.  :-(( 

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails