Friday, November 6, 2009

You've Got Nail Rave - Revitanail

I've had a few of you asking how I take care of my nails, so I thought I'd make it a regular feature here at YGN to share with you some of the products I love and can't live without.

Revitanail is my favourite nail strengthener. When I use this, I never - and I mean never - get a chip or break. This makes my nails strong and, as a consequence, long. In the picture to the right, here are my nails one week after having gels removed. After just five days, this stuff had pretty much restored them to brand new.

The way this works is pretty simple.

Apply 2 coats of Revitanail Nail Strengthener onto clean nails avoiding the cuticle area and then one coat daily for the next 5 days. On the 7th day remove with nail polish remover. Repeat the process 3 times.
The original formula of this did contain formaldehyde, however I understand that the new version doesn't.

Like most nail hardeners, if you get this on your cuticles, it will dry them out. I combat this by always applying cuticle oil after application and wearing emollient creams overnight to replenish any lost moisture.

This also has a smell to it. It's not as bad as other hardeners - Herome, while fantastic, has such a strong odour that it makes my eyes water as if I'm cutting onions - but it does smell.

And it's expensive. I paid $30 for mine. In its defence, however, the bottle is larger than most hardeners. And you don't use an awful lot of it. I find one dip into the bottle is enough for one hand. I imagine this will last me twelve months at a minimum, maybe more.

Revitanail is in my cache of must have nails products. I can't live without it and, if they ever decide to discontinue it, I will personally buy up the entire Australian supply!

Do you have a nail hardener you can't live without?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails